Week 13, The Killing Joke - 5 pt


I personally was not a fan of this comic and the content, it's not my cup of tea. I thought the content was very dark, whether the Joker takes Barbra's dad hostage naked in an amusement park and forces him on a rollercoaster where he's forced to watch his daughter be in danger.  At the end of the comic the guy talks about how we will not know whether people like being good or bad without doing something truly bad. He then shares as such, he chained a little girl in the dark sewers to a board to die alone of starvation, before deciding to be good for the rest of his life. I found this to be extremely dark and frustrating. I didn't really connect with the story at all. I thought Batman and the Jokers relationship was classic to the movies and other comics created of them. I feel like the medium used was best for the characters and story being told. If I had to choose a different medium it would be all ink shading, similar to hell boys black and white comics. This story differs from the typical superhero in that it's has a much darker theme, especially with the events that unfold. Other super heroes face villains taking over the world, while batman faces a psychopath trying to make people relive their worse nightmares.



Comments

Popular Posts